we had a post about banana ( Do you eat banana?) . But now we have a banana dessert:
Roasted Bananas With Sugar-Walnut Glaze
- 1/4 cup sugar Click to see savings
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon Click to see savings
- 4 large firm ripe bananas Click to see savings
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted Click to see savings
- 1 cup vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl, and set aside.
- Cut bananas in half lengthwise. Place banana halves, cut sides up, on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450°F for 4 minutes. Drizzle sugar mixture evenly over banana halves, and sprinkle with toasted walnuts. Bake an additional 3 minutes. Serve bananas with frozen yogurt; drizzle with any remaining sugar mixture.