These types of fats are called polyunsaturated fats. One popular form of polyunsaturated fats is found in cooking oil such as olive oil.
While vegetable oils and margarines are high in polyunsaturated fats they don't contain omega 3 fatty acids, also known as Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs).
These fatty acids are considered essential because they're important building blocks for every cell in your body. Your body can't produce these special fats so you must get them from your diet.
Health Benefits of Omega 3 Fatty Acids
1. Help control your blood pressure.
2. Boost your immune system to help your body fight infections.
3. Regulates your body's temperature.
4. Affects inflammation levels in your body.
5. Prevent blood clots reducing your risk for stroke or heart attack.
6. Reduce triglycerides levels in your blood lowering your risk for heart disease.
7. Help improve mood and learning function in young children.
8. May help boost your metabolism and burn fat more efficiently.
Walnuts (you can see Walnuts prevent cancer and heart disease )