We had 2 posts about medlars ( Did you hear anything about medlar? & Medlar, Try it ! )
Here you can learn how to prepare medlar jam.
Ingredients:1 kg of whole fruit
800 grams of Sugar
400 cc Water
Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
How to prepare:
1. Take fully ripe medlars, peel and remove pips.
2. Add water, the juice of Lemons and thinly pared rind.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer until soft, crushing thoroughly.
4. Add sugar and cinnamon and Heat slowly until the sugar has dissolved.
5. Bring to a full rolling boil, and boil hard for 2 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in a bottle
7. Pot and cover in the usual way.